Uptown Dallas Apartments – Insider Guide – Part 1: What is Uptown and When Should I Begin My Search
Hello and welcome to Uptown Dallas! I’m writing this guide to help you choose a perfect choice among the many Uptown Dallas Apartments. Part 1 will focus on determining what area is truly Uptown Dallas, and when you might want to start your search for Uptown Dallas Apartments .
Uptown Dallas was built to have a fully contained lifestyle. The Uptown Dallas lifestyle is one of a kind in the nation. There is no other place quite like Uptown. Why is that? It offers a pretty much self contained lifestyle, all within walking distance, for professionals. You can enjoy restaurants, night life, shopping and more…and never have to use your car. For professionals that work in downtown or nearby Las Colinas, it’s the perfect place to start your new life here in Dallas.
Uptown Dallas is well known throughout Dallas as the #1 place for professionals to live, particularly right out of undergrad or grad school. Typically, professionals will spend their first couple of years in Uptown, and remember it forever!
Uptown is also an amazing CONNECTION place. It’s full of professionals like you, including consultants, lawyers, doctors and more, typically just beginning their careers. You can make valuable lifelong friends as you are living in the Uptown area.
Where exactly is Uptown Dallas?
Uptown Dallas is actually a rather small area. It is located just UP (directly NORTH) from Downtown Dallas. We break it down into Five Areas:
– The Northern most portion is an area called Uptown Dallas most fully.
– There is a mid portion called State Thomas. The Uptown Dallas Apartments here are spread out and tend to be not as new. The area itself is pleasant and full of trees.
– The South portion is an area we call the McKinney Avenue area. This is the area that has the most concentrated focus of “night life”. Tourists and out of town college students love this area.
– The southern most part is called the Crescent Area. The Uptown Dallas Apartments in this area are on the highest end of rent for Uptown Dallas. It is a very corporate area of town, with quick access to Downtown Dallas.
– There is a small area that is technically WEST of Uptown Dallas called Turtle Creek. Because it is directly connected to Uptown Dallas and seems to have a similar feel, many people think of it being in Uptown Dallas. There are few Uptown Dallas Apartments in this area, but they are great choices.
– The area called Victory Park is actually not in Uptown, but is directly connected. Some people think of it as Uptown Dallas. It is a beautiful area. There is a budding handful of Uptown Dallas Apartments here.
I Don’t Start Working for a While. When Should I Begin My Search for Uptown Dallas Apartments?
Short answer: The sooner the better, especially this year. Normally there is more plentiful availability in Uptown Dallas due to residents moving to other cities, purchasing homes, etc… This is not the case anymore. Dallas and Houston are in the top 5 as far as hot spots to live and employees know it. Thus, they are not only retaining all of their employees in these areas, but new employees are moving here from other cities. Thus, our supply of good housing is much lower than in the past. This has created much lower availability for desirable living spaces. This is making it more of a competitive factor to obtain excellent housing. This is also driving up the costs of housing.
Traditionally, rents for Uptown Dallas Apartments tends to rise in the summer. It’s just a cyclical norm in Dallas and Houston. However, due to residents coming (and the current residents staying), we have been seeing rents increase sooner than normal, and prices also rising more quickly than normal.
We recommend that you begin your search as soon as possible to obtain excellent housing and to obtain the best pricing possible.
Uptown Dallas Apartments – When Do They Become Available
Most places in Uptown Dallas and nearby operate on a 60 – 90 day notice. Notices to vacate are not given just at the first of the month, fyi. They can be given at any time. That means that generally you will see the best availability and pricing choices if you make your decision on a place 60 – 90 days in advance of when you want your lease to start. That means the actual decision process for selecting should begin even before that. You should have your top 3 to 5 choices for Uptown Dallas Apartments by the 90 day point or even earlier. That way, you are able to take full advantage of the excellent deals that you will be offerred when you are EARLY, and finish up your move in peace. We can help with providing you research and consulting on the area, along with researching and making recommendations on specific choices that best meet your needs well in advance.
Example time line:
- New position start date: September 1
- Start research: May 1 or BEFORE!
- Best time to decide on place: June 1 – July 1 (based on working back on a 60 – 90 day notice)
Note: We know you don’t always have quite that luxury of time to make a decision. We will absolutely work with your time frame and find the best fit for you no matter what your time frame is.
Note: If you would like more in depth info about Uptown Dallas, our Insider’s Guide to Uptown Dallas introduces and explores the lifestyle of the Uptown Area. This guide at no charge. If you are moving here and interested in an Uptown Dallas Apartment, please fill out our contact form and specify you would like the Uptown Dallas Guide. We will send you a free copy!