Uptown Dallas – Why Management Consultants and Big 4 Accountants Love LIVING Here!
Trying to decide on a place to live in Dallas? As someone that worked in the professional lifestyle in downtown, here are some thoughts that I learned that might help you.
For Big 4 accountants, your work hours are long. You need to maximize your time and you want to live near peers that feel the same way. You want to save time in the long accounting seasons by living and socializing in the same area. Uptown Dallas is 2.2 square miles packed with everything you could want or need to live, work and socialize. Uptown Dallas has all that, and more. Deloitte, PWC, KPMG, Ernst and Young…Welcome to Uptown Dallas!
For Management consultants: you are gone Monday thru Thursday out of town. Leaving Sunday night or Monday morning and then getting back by eight o’clock Thursday night… every week. You need a special kind of solution to help keep the balance between work and life. Uptown Dallas has that to offer. In Uptown Dallas you are surrounded by other young professionals who face the same challenges you do. There is a solution. Bain and Company, BCG, McKinsey and company…Welcome to Uptown Dallas!
Here is why you will love Uptown Dallas:
- Reason 1: You can live in areas that have a built in social scene that accommodates your Thursday – Saturday night schedule. Enjoy night life and socializing on your terms.
- Reason 2: You can live with others that also share your schedule and have just recently graduated as well. This is part of the convenience of living Uptown Dallas.
- Reason 3: You won’t feel isolated at all. You will be in the heart of the best social scene in Dallas, where the average age of professionals is 22-28, just like you. Uptown Dallas is very sociable.
- Reason 4: You’ve got built in entertainment usually within five to ten minutes from anywhere in Uptown Dallas. Everything is within walking distance or a short (free) Trolley ride or quick walk up the Katy Trail.
- Reason 5: You are close to your office at work. No other city offers what Uptown Dallas does in such close proximity to the most populated office spaces, Uptown Dallas, downtown or Plano.
- Reason 6: Remember those days on campus where you can see others that you know as you walk between classes? Well, this is another reason why you will love Uptown Dallas. Uptown Dallas is a small concentrated area, much like an extended college campus. You will run into some of the same people here over and over, all with a great sense of camaraderie.
If you are out of state and want to be a part of the excitement of the business lives with other young professionals, and you want to quickly meet other professionals like you, don’t make the mistake of being in other parts of town and risk feeling isolated. There are plenty of other areas in Dallas where professional people live and work, but most are older people, with families, their college days long forgotten. Spending large amounts of time in these other parts of Dallas can leave you feeling very alone, which is demotivating and boring. Who wants to sit alone at a hotel bar surrounded by unsociable people ten to twenty years older than you when there are better alternatives? Don’t find yourself in this rut. There is another choice.
Uptown Dallas is not your typical business park. Uptown Dallas is alive with young professionals, many of whom travel a lot for business or work for one of the Big 4 accounting firms here in Dallas. In Uptown Dallas there is everything you might want or need, from apartments to shopping, from club gyms to nightlife. According to Downtown Dallas Inc. president and CEO John Crawford, “More people are looking at the city center today than I can ever recall.” Crawford is speaking to the onslaught of professionals flocking to Uptown Dallas, both from Dallas and from other states. Word is out about the perks of living Uptown Dallas and young, urban-minded professionals are taking note, particularly of Uptown’s reputation for being the number one hot spot in the city for professionals to live, work and socialize.
Uptown Dallas has connections to locations in and around the greater Dallas area, so no matter where you work, the centralized location of Uptown Dallas is greatly to your advantage. You can connect to a number of freeways: John Carpenter Freeway aka 114; Stemmons Freeway aka I-35E; Highway 183 aka Airport Freeway, a straight line to DFW International Airport; Northwest Highway and Harry Hines Boulevard, a straight line to Dallas Love Field Airport. As far as public transportation is concerned, Dallas has one of the best systems in the country.
There is the DART Rail system which travels north to Plano, east to Rowlett and Garland, north to Carrollton and south to Buckner as well as Parker Road and the Belt Line Station in Irving. All four lines serve St. Paul, Pearl Street, the West End and Akard stations in downtown Dallas. The DART Rail operates from 5 a.m. to midnight. From the Cityplace/Uptown Station you can also catch the DART city busses as well as the McKinney Avenue Trolley which traverses Uptown Dallas easily and quickly, free of charge.
This is a time in your life that you only get one shot at. You work hard, moving up the ladder in your career, you are young and sociable; one day you will be married, possibly with children, tied down to a work and family routine. You need to enjoy this time in your life, in fact, you deserve to. Don’t kick yourself later for not taking this opportunity now. Spend one or two years in Uptown Dallas while you can. It is truly a once in a lifetime experience, and the connections you make here are priceless. Undeniably, there is no other place like it, in or outside of Dallas. It’s so worth it… you need to do it. You may regret it if you don’t. Years from now you could be wishing you had experienced the lifestyle only Uptown Dallas has to offer.
Ready to Find Your Perfect Place in Uptown? Sign up for our 100% Free-to-You Service to find your perfect apartment in Uptown or nearby areas (Lower Greenville, Knox Henderson, Deep Ellum, etc). Our free, quick service will save you hours of time and remove your stress. Free Signup: HERE When you apply for your apartment, you will also receive a free $100 Amazon card as well as a thank you for using our free service.